|Teacher Sign-In||Mentor Sign-In|
This secure site will:
- Allow you to set up and manage teams
- Allow you to upload deliverables and forms
- Automatically time-stamp deliverables
- Send acknowledgements for uploaded files
- Allow you to obtain detailed scoring reports
This Year's Theme: The Power of Public Spaces
[May-16] Your challenge: Create a distributed network of innovative, multiuse public spaces that serves your city's diverse population.
Public spaces, both small and large, indoors and outside, not only make an urban area more attractive and more livable, they also serve as an anchor that benefits cities in a variety of ways: revitalizing the economy by introducing new businesses and bringing in new visitors, reducing crime, improving pedestrian safety, promoting healthy living, and improving the environment. In fact, a recent study by the UN-Habitat's Global Urban Observatories Unit found that cities that devoted about 50% of their space to public use tended to be more prosperous and have a higher quality of life.
NTX Continues the Future City-Junior program for 4-5th grades
[May-16] NTX will continue to offer the Future City opportunity to 4-5th grades. The Junior program is an abbreviated version of the full Future City Competition effort. It includes the research essay (The Power of Public Spaces) and the physical model deliverables.
See the Junior Team Center for the 2016-17 rules and description of the program. Contact Regional Coordinator to sign up or for more information. Please note: this program is only available in North Texas at this time.
[Aug-2013] The FC Preliminary round of presentations (schedule) frequently coincides as one of the SAT testing dates for the Duke Talent Identification Program.
Avoid the conflict
- Take the ACT in Dec
- Take the SAT in Dec or Mar
Those with a conflict - Notify the Regional Coordinator by 20 Dec to request a special, late presentation time
- There are a limited number of presentation times between 12:00 and 1:00 pm
- Slots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis
- Take the test at UT Arlington
- Note: Special Awards judging will take place during the morning. Remaining team members can represent the team for this judging, however, there will be no make-up times or alternate team members allowed.